Thursday, May 11, 2006

PD'S BOOKSHOP

I was eating my bread,
With a poised and tranquil head.

Suddenly I heard a door-ring.
Someone is at the door by the name, ”Bing”.

He told me that my bookstore caught fire,
It felt as I am burning on my pyre.

I was sad and dumbfounded,
Everything I have, is now grounded.

I can not imagine my life without books.
I still remembered those weird looks.

The look, people gave me when I left my job,
With nothing, but a vision to start “PD’S BOOKSHOP”.

Everyone at that time was against me,
But I have confidence and believe in thee.

Initially, I had some problems regarding place,
But then it started, and started in full phase.

I was very happy and excited in my heart.
Finally, I followed my voice and my heart.

But today, everything fell apart,
My world has shattered into bits and parts.

Alas! I only want one wish from god,
That, “Give me power and will to stand against all odds”.
- PD

3 Comments:

Blogger Shashank said...

back to poems !!! Good good.
yaar itna bhi pessimistic mat ho... abhi to kholi bhi nahin aur jaala de..

don't worry .. jaldi hi mein teri bookshop perr coffee enjoy kar raha honga :D

10:50 AM  
Blogger Varun Agrawal said...

sahi mein...mast poem likhi hai...but “Give me power and will to stand against all odds” tujhe iski zaroorat kab se padne lagi??

6:02 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nice poem....losing something close to heart is always a pain...intresting read!!

2:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters