Friday, March 24, 2006

WISHES

I wished I was a musician, but I was highly strung;
I wished I was a physician, but I was scared of the pneumonitis in my lung;

I wished I was a dancer, but I couldn’t hop a step;
I wished I was a lancer, but I didn’t get pep;

I wished I was a pilot, but I could not fly high;
I wish I was an executive, but I could not even put on a tie;

I wished I was in submarines, but I could not dive;
I wished I was a hunter, but I was scared of an ant alive;

I wished I was an engineer, but in my thoughts I couldn’t cement;
All I could do in the end was to sit and lament;

I wished I was this and I wished I was that;
But over my thoughts I slept only like a bat.

Today I know where exactly I did go wrong.
My wishes were fine but my heart not so strong.

My friend from me, do take little advice.
Before you waste your time think once, twice and thrice,

Make hay whilst the sun shines
You’ll surely reach the sky like the tall thee pines.

4 Comments:

Blogger Shashank said...

"Today I know where exactly I did go wrong.
My wishes were fine but my heart not so strong."

muaaaaah muaaaah

3:54 AM  
Blogger Shashank said...

let me grant you one of your wishes

"I wished I was an engineer, but in my thoughts I couldn’t cement"

May you be an engineer and cement all your life.

muaaaah muaaaah!

3:57 AM  
Blogger SeePearrl said...

Nice poem

4:09 PM  
Blogger pandeyvivek said...

Now thats something like coming outta my heart...!! ;-)

11:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Hit Counters
Web Counters